Home > Active Directory, Microsoft, Windows Server > Best Practices of designing a Windows Server 2003 (R2) Active Directory
Best Practices of designing a Windows Server 2003 (R2) Active Directory
- Understand completely Active Directory’s structure before designing.
- Secure external namespaces via registration, so that i can’t be used anywhere on the Internet.
- Start your domain design by considering the simplest solution/model first (single domain model).
- Consider using multiple domains only for specific reasons.
- Consider using federated forest design, when uniting two different Active Directory structures.
- Use sites to control and optimize replication traffic.
- Upgrade any down-level clients to reduce administration and maintenance.
- Use domain rename only when faced with no other alternative.